Spinal Cord Stimulation therapy can help manage chronic pain — even when other therapies have failed. SCS therapy has helped hundreds of thousands of people and is:
- Proven safe and effective
- FDA-approved for adults with chronic pain of the trunk and/or lower limbs
- Offers proven pain management
- Covered by most insurance plans, including Medicare and most workers' compensation programs
How Spinal Cord Stimulation Works
While SCS is leading-edge technology, it's actually not as complicated as it seems. Your nerves and brain are constantly communicating with each other. And when you feel pain, it's because those nerves are sending a pain signal to your brain. That's where SCS therapy comes in — SCS masks the pain signals coming from your lower back or legs from reaching your brain.
What defines SCS success?
- SCS is generally considered effective:
- If your pain is reduced by at least 50%
- If you are able to get back to your daily activities
- If your need for pain medication is reduced
- If you're able to relax and sleep better
- Personalized Therapy. Proven Results.
This short videos provide a helpful introduction to the proven technology behind SCS therapy.
For more information on SCS contact Comprehensive Pain Management in South Kingstown, RI.